At Design Arc we conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner, supporting communities where we operate. We are committed to protect our environment through adoption of technology, always thinking about reducing waste and incorporating the concepts of recycling and up-cycling into our daily business practice and the products that we offer to our customers.
Rakesh Chadha, Managing Director
As a company, our vision is to become one of the most conscious suppliers to major retail brands in the world.
This includes the initial concept at the design and development stage, fabric & trims through to our valued factory partners and their processes.
Through the use of cutting edge technology (3D design and product lifecycle management); we aim to reduce waste in our design and development processes.Read More
We have a robust approach to our supply chain transparency, capturing complete traceability in all our manufacturing processes.
Another area of vigilance for us is to ensure our dye and print houses use the most environmentally friendly chemicals; along with having sustainable policies including water recycling and treatment. We are constantly exploring low impact denim treatment with a commitment to reduce and recycle water and chemicals.
Structured and methodical management approach to our tactical business units is achieved via credible accreditations.
Certifications and standards of our manufacturing partners
GOTS organic cotton & BCI cotton
FSC sustainable viscose through Lenzing Eco – Vero, Lenzing Tencel and Liva Eco by Birla
Repreve recycled polyester
Global Recycled Standard
Recycled Claim Standard
OEKO-TEX – OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100/STEP, OEKO-TEX ECO PASSPORT
Organic Content Standard
Our Sustainability Roadmap
By looking at our impact areas, we have set out a sustainability roadmap to achieve our goals and targets that align with our aspirations.
We believe our best path forward is not a singular voice but a collaborative one, working closely with our customers, suppliers and key business partners.
- We commit to end the use of ‘conventional’ cotton by end of 2024. The focus is to only use BCI and organic cotton. (BCI/Organic/IC2 cotton for 65% of the product base by Q4 2022, 75% by Q4 2023, 100% by Q4 2024)
- Avoiding the use of untraceable viscose by the end of 2023. (FSC/PEFC/Canopy Green Shirt Certified Viscose for 75% by Q4 2022, 100% by Q4 2023)
- Switch polyester to recycled polyester at least 30% GRS or RSC certified offer in 50% of the factories by the end of 2023. (Recycled polyester for 35% of the production base by Q4 2022, 50% by Q4 2023)
- Encourage the use of vegetable and herbal dyes saving 22 litres of water per kg
- Promote the use of digital tools for all business processes with special emphasis on 3D design with the aim to reduce physical samples to 50% by the end of 2023. (Reduce the physical samples to 35% by Q4 2022, 50% by 2023)
- Chemical compliance standards for fabrics: 95% of fabrics sourced from Oekotex certified mills by end of Q4 2022, 100% by end of Q4 2023.
- Ensure where required factories be registered on HIGG platform undertake FEM and FSLM self-assessment. All factories used by Design Arc to have this status by the end of Q4 2022